From: Tara Bono <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Brookhaven Community Coalition Meeting - March 5th, 7pm
Brookhaven Community Coalition Members,
The next meeting for the Brookhaven Community Coalition has been set for Monday, March 5th. It has been a few months since the full BCC has met and there have since been several recent developments that require the immediate attention and input of community stakeholders. Please JOIN US. We need you to attend.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Supervisor Lekso's proposal to expand the size (height and/or footprint) of the Landfill.
- The DEC's revocation of the enclosure variance for Long Island Compost/Great Gardens.
- Ongoing SCDOH/DEC groundwater investigation - radioactivity, heavy metals, etc.
- The need for greater active community involvement in advancing these issues.
- "If you smell something, say something!"
When: Monday, March 5th, 2012 - 7pm
Where: Brookhaven Fire House
2486 Montauk Highway Brookhaven, NY
This meeting is open to the public.
This is a very important and timely meeting, please try to attend!
Hope to see you all there,
Tara BonoProgram Coordinator Citizens Campaign for the Environment