Thursday, June 4, 2009

Carol Bissonette Replies

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you, but I wanted to wait until I had additional information available, post our tour.

First of all, thank you so much for the amount of time that you, John, Ron and Mary Jane spent with me yesterday and for the wealth of information regarding the historic cemeteries you provided me with. Sans ticks, it was absolutely delightful and the highlight was our discovery of another historic tombstone that previously had not been found! Now that is teamwork.

Since we parted yesterday, I have been following up at my end and I am pleased to let you know that we will begin addressing each of the cemeteries by no later than mid-week next week. I will be showing one of our maintenance crews the sites and we will do them based on the priorities discussed.

Additionally, I have spoken with Greg Miglino regarding putting in a double gate at the rear of the Brookhaven Elementary School. Greg thinks this is a great idea and will be working closely with me on doing what we need to do to get that installed. I can't give you a definitive time frame as there are additional details that need to be worked out.

I will continue to keep you posted on our progress and thank you again for spending so much time with me. It truly is exciting to know that we have so many revolutionary and civil war heroes, as well as outstanding citizens who rest in peace in our hamlets and town.

Best regards,
Carol

Carol A. Bissonette
Deputy Commissioner, Parks, Recreation & Sports & Cultural Resources
Office#: 631-451-6112
Cell #: 631-831-3291
cbissonette@brookhaven.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heartily approved of your restoration and care of Brookhaven Cemeteries and use of a Grant
(Caithness)to extend the time and infuence of the nobel ones of your area. I am looking for a Family member, Rev George Phillips who died in Brookhaven about 1735.
Any knowledge would receive a family geneology vacation in the future. Good luck on your worthwhile endeavors. Carol Rieker/
mikerieker@yahoo.com of Taylor, AZ